Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Please take some time to look through this piece of shameless advertising.

Hey all, just want to bring to your attention to the following. On the
9th and 10th of March, RJCSB will be holding their annual concert,
Play. It will be held at the PAC, 7.30p.m. Come on down to listen to
classic pieces like Die Fieldermaus, Paris Sketches, Fantasy of Light,
even the Mr Incredible theme from the Incredibles.

Also, take this once in a lifetime opportunity to listen to the
original Merry Widow Selections, the song that is now becoming fast
popular in the Singapore Youth Festival. Yes, RIMB was the first to
play the song, now hear the orignal members play it once more! (Just
in case y'all wondering, I'm one of the original few that played the
song for the first time in Singapore.)

Also see instruments that you've never seen before in action!
Trombones, oboes, even the oh-so-strange euphonium. You don't get a
chance like this everytime! So come on down. Tickets are priced at $4,
and are available for both dates. (9th and 10th). Free seating. Come
on down as a class, a group, heck even a couple.

I have 5 tickets with me, two for the 9th and 3 for the 10th.
Additional tickets can be purchased at the booth just at the entrance
to the canteen. So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now!

Ok, asap!

This piece of advertisement has been brought to you by Zack.

===============================================================

In other news, band practice was concelled today. Sources tell us this is due to the PSC roadshow that the J2s have to go for. Band practice has thus been officially transfered to Thursday, the 24th of Feb, starting at 5p.m. The writer wishes all to note, this might be only applicable to the Euphoniums, and is unable to confirm whether or not it is an official practice.

===============================================================

I have a list of songs on my Ipod, under "Zack's Favs." These songs are songs that help to perk me up, help me lift my mood. Songs that include the likes of Merry Widow (SYF version), Throne Room (ending from SW4. I liked that song, reminds me of victory), The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny and many others. Many thanks to Jian Wei for providing me two more songs to this little collection. Two piano instrumentals that sound vaguely familiar. Were they renditions of pop songs, JW? Never got to ask him that.

Seems like I'm listening to that list momre and more often though.

In "non-depressing" news, I got myself a left arm injury, incurred upon me by lifting my bag up and down the cubby holes outside the Shaw Foundation Library. It's not like one of those cramps you get early in tthe morning from turning and tossing too much, but rather a sharp, stabbing pain as though a muscle ripped itself. Because of that, I couldn't go to the weights room to pump those iron. Will be going tomorrow, if my arm feels better. Oh yes, I finally figured out how to work the forearm. Yippee.

===============================================================

Ya know what I hate about blogs? You can't really write your feelings about certain stuff without the whole world reading it. Aw well. That's just too bad for ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home