Friday, August 04, 2006

A heart that pins,
a mind that wonders.
An answer that I seek to find,
one that can only be hers.

Thinking to days gone by,
to times that might 'ever return.
And I ask myself why,
how has is it come to this turn?

So listen to the Ballad of the Fool,
The song of the confused and the lost.
For even if I know one leads to two,
I still hold one to the life that was.
You'll tell me to move on,
to live like any other.
But I'll shake my head and say,
not till I get my answer.

The rain beats on and I look outside,
feeling the weight of my heart.
The day has already given way to night,
and yet here I stay, looking away has 'ever been so hard.

But's nothing I can do,
;cept wonder about the cold.
So I hum a little tune,
the first words that go...

Yep I just realized writing lyrics for love songs can be awfully cheesy. But hey, it was... refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home