Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well, kind of a tiring day. Woke up at 9 (when I slept at like 2 that morning) and went off to Chris' house to refresh my Battle for Middle Earth skills. Took two games for me to return to my speed. Pity Xian Ying left when I played my second game. At least we all go a kick out of watching Matthew go on bloodthirsty rampages around GTA San Andreas. He really likes hijacking ambulances and using it to INTENTIONALLY crash into others. At least when I play, I hit those people by accident.

Yeah, then after that I had a cousins dinner of sorts, and we chatted about developments since we last met. Before that, I got myself Axis and Allies (the Board Game) European Theater. Freaking awesome. Very similar to Risk, but a lot more strategy and less luck involved. Why? Cos Germany is freaking outnumbered. Germany is playing like 1 v 3 (the Big Three), and they are totally surrounded in the beginning of the game. But thing is, two of the Allies (Britain and Soviet Union) suffer from low income, and U.S. is too unprepared to be too significant a factor. It's 1941, Pearl Harbor had just been bombed. The U.S. were unprepared. So Germany is VERY strong early game. Furthermore, their navy of subs spans across most of the Atlantic, rivalled only by Britain's destroyer fleet. The German could easily blockade the U.S. from transporting too many troops in the early game, but the Destroyers' advantage over the subs (units are able to attack subs in the same area as a destroyer, subs lose first strike agst units accompanied by destroyers) would own the Germans. The German main navy is too far away to effectively land troops into U.S. to send them out of the game (The U.S. start with only two territories in the game) early.

The only chance that I see for Germany to survive is to send one of the weaker Allies (Britain or Soviet Union) out of the game asap. Britain suffers from lack of land troops, but her navy is one of the finest. If Germany keeps the pressure on Britain (Strategic Bombing, amphibious assaults), I'm pretty sure it would fall. Then again, I haven't had a chance to play the game, so I can't really comment just yet. In fact, I'm looking for people to play with over the hols. Anyone?

Know why I like the game so much? Cos it's freaking realistic. Each faction have their unit style of units, the situation of the Battle of Atlantic, the strength of the armies at the beginning of the game... Even the fact that Turkey (neutral) didn't allow ANY naval units to sail into the Black Sea is there. How cool is that?

In other news, I found out Grace and Jasmine wouldn't be joining us for the rest of the band year. And I still owe Grace her birthday gift. How in the world am I gonna pass it to her now? Stupid Zack.

On a totally different note, I'm tired out. Whee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home